Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: August 1, 2019
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in RTT Enterprises, LLC (“RTT,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). These terms of service (“Terms”) establish the terms and conditions that apply to you when you use the Service (as defined below).
BY USING THE SERVICE OR BY CLICKING “I AGREE” YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, AS WELL AS ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE SERVICE IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS. THESE TERMS CAN BE CHANGED, MODIFIED, SUPPLEMENTED, AND/OR UPDATED BY RTT AT ANY TIME. WE WILL TAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH PRIOR NOTICE OF ANY MATERIAL CHANGES TO THESE TERMS. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE AFTER THE MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT ALL SUCH CHANGES. YOU SHOULD CONSULT THESE TERMS EACH TIME YOU ACCESS THE SERVICE TO VIEW ANY CHANGES. THESE TERMS WERE LAST MODIFIED AS OF THE DATE INDICATED ABOVE.
AS DESCRIBED BELOW, THESE TERMS PROVIDE FOR THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE. YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE BY CONTACTING [email protected] WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER FIRST ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND STATING YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME AND THAT YOU DECLINE THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE.
1. Use of the Service.
A. Service. The “Service” is RTT’s website located at https://www.redtabletalk.com (“Site”), as may be updated, relocated, or otherwise modified from time to time, all content and services RTT makes available through the Site, and all intellectual property contained therein. The Service provides information regarding RTT’s media and commerce businesses. Any person who accesses and/or uses the Service, whether on his or her own behalf or on behalf of any third party, will be referred to herein as a “RTT User.”
B. Service Restrictions. You may not use the Service for commercial purposes. To use the Service, you must have access to the Internet.
C. License. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, RTT hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Service, solely in the manner intended by RTT. Unless otherwise specified in writing, the Service is solely for your personal use and not for resale.
D. Deactivation. RTT may, at any time and without notice to you: (1) restrict, deactivate, and/or terminate your access to the Service (or any portion thereof); or (2) terminate or modify the Service (or any portion thereof). RTT will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of or modification to the Service regardless of the reason for such termination or modification. If you are dissatisfied with any termination or modification of the Service, your only right is to terminate your use of the Service.
A. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and that you have not been previously suspended or removed from the Service. THE SERVICE IS NOT FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 OR ANY USERS PREVIOUSLY SUSPENDED OR REMOVED FROM THE SERVICE BY RTT. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
B. If you are using the Service on behalf of an individual, company, entity, or organization (each, an “Organization”), you represent and warrant that: (1) you are an authorized representative of such Organization with the authority to bind such Organization to these Terms; (2) you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such Organization; and (3) such Organization meets the eligibility requirements for the Service, as set forth in these Terms. You will be solely responsible for ensuring your Organization complies with these Terms.
C. Your Responsibilities. You may use the Service solely for lawful purposes, as intended through the provided functionality of the Service. You may not use the Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Service. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining, or any other means. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you may not (and you may not allow or assist any third party to):
(1) use, copy, install, transfer, or distribute the Service, except as specifically described in these Terms;
(2) modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Service;
(3) remove or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service or in or on any content or other material obtained through the Service or the use of the Service;
(4) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
(5) reformat, mirror, or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Service;
(6) express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent in each instance;
(7) transmit any software or other materials that contain any virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component;
(8) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or its contents;
(9) harvest or collect information about other RTT Users without their prior written consent;
(10) undertake, cause, permit, or authorize the translation, reverse engineering, disassembling, or hacking of any aspect of the Service, or attempt to do any of the foregoing, except and solely to the extent described in these Terms, the Service’s authorized features, or by law, or otherwise attempt to use or access any portion of the Service other than as intended by RTT;
(11) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, RTT’s (and its service providers’) computer systems and infrastructure, or the technical delivery systems of RTT’s service providers;
(12) harass, abuse, harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person or group, including RTT employees, and other RTT Users;
(13) solicit, or attempt to solicit, personal information from other RTT Users, except as permitted through the Service’s functionality;
(14) restrict, discourage, or inhibit any person from using the Service, disclose personal information about a third person on the Service or obtained from the Service without the consent of such person, or collect information about RTT Users;
(15) gain unauthorized access to the Service, to other RTT Users’ accounts, names, or personally identifiable information, or to other computers or websites connected or linked to the Service;
(16) violate any applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or these Terms;
(17) use the Service for any illegal, inappropriate, and/or unauthorized conduct, including using the Service to contact other RTT Users for sexual or other inappropriate purposes, or using the Service in violation of RTT’s or any third party’s intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights; or
(18) use or access the Service to build a competing service.
We may take any legal action and implement any technical remedies to prevent the violation of these provisions and to enforce these Terms.
3. Consent to Electronic Communications.
A. Consent to Electronic Communications. By using the Service or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Service or sending an email to you, if we have your email address. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please write to us at [email protected].
C. Opt Out. If you wish to remove yourself from any list, please email us at [email protected] with “OPT-OUT,” “UNSUBSCRIBE,” “STOP,” or “REMOVE” in the subject line.
4. Content Submitted to the Service.
A. Materials. By sending or transmitting to us information, opinions, creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, or other materials related to the Service (collectively, “Materials”), or by posting such Materials to any area of the Service, you grant RTT and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, and import such Materials in any media now known or hereafter developed, for the purpose of providing, enhancing, and developing the Service, without compensation to you. We will never use your name in connection with any of your Materials that we use in our own advertising and marketing materials without obtaining your prior consent. You hereby waive any moral rights or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship regarding Materials that you may have under applicable law. None of the Materials will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Materials. RTT may remove or alter any Materials at any time for any reason. We neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information, or statement made or displayed on the Service by any RTT User. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in articles or postings, for hyperlinks embedded in messages, or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will RTT and/or its affiliates, suppliers, or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through the Service. We cannot and do not take responsibility for the veracity, reliability, or completeness of any opinion, advice, information, or statement available on the Service.
B. Monitoring. We have the right (but not the obligation) to: (1) monitor the Service and Materials; (2) alter or remove any Materials; and (3) disclose Materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Service, protect ourselves, our sponsors, and our members and visitors, and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests. If you believe any content violates these Terms, please contact RTT immediately at [email protected] so that we can consider its editing or removal.
C. Rights in Materials. You are solely responsible for your Materials and the consequences of posting them on the Service. By posting Materials, you represent, warrant, and covenant that: (1) you are the creator and owner of the Materials or otherwise have sufficient rights and authority to grant the rights granted herein; (2) your Materials do not and will not: (a) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; or (b) slander, defame, or libel any other person; (3) your Materials do not contain any viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other harmful or malicious code; and (4) unless you have received prior written authorization, your Materials do not contain any confidential information of any third party. We reserve all rights and remedies against any RTT Users who breach these representations and warranties.
D. Unsolicited Creative Materials. As you would expect, we are often asked to receive creative submissions (including scripts, screenplays, scriptments, beat sheets, treatments, pitch sheets or decks, loglines, so-called “bibles”, novels, stories, manuscripts, sizzle reels, finished films, or projects,) that are similar or identical to material and ideas already under consideration or otherwise independently developed by us and, as a result, RTT has adopted a firm policy not to consider or accept creative material on an unsolicited basis. Additionally, our insurers mandate this policy because of the frequency of unfounded plagiarism claims. Although we appreciate your interest, in order to avoid such claims or any other misunderstanding that may arise, please be advised that no one at RTT has read, or will read, creative materials submitted by you on an unsolicited basis. Accordingly, any creative material that you may submit digitally has been deleted and/or any hard copies you forwarded to our mailing address will be returned to you.
E. Fan Art. We sometimes receive images, pictures, and other graphical art from fans (“Fan Art”). By sending or transmitting Fan Art to us, you grant RTT and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform Fan Art in any media now known or hereafter developed, including on social media accounts, without compensation to you. If you send us Fan Art, please include your name and contact information so we can contact you if needed.
5. Term and Termination.
A. Term. The term of these Terms will commence on the date on which you first access or utilize the Service in any way and will continue so long as you continue to access or utilize the Service, unless earlier terminated by RTT.
B. Termination and Other Remedies. RTT may take whatever lawful actions it may deem appropriate in response to actual or suspected violations of these Terms including termination of these Terms, the suspension or termination of your access and/or account, or blocking you from access to the Service.
C. Effect of Termination. The following Sections of these Terms will survive termination or expiration of these Terms: 1.A, 1.B, 1.D, 1.E, 2, 4, 5.C, and 6–26. Payments by you, which accrue or are due before termination or expiration of these Terms, will continue to be payable by you, and amounts owed to RTT at the time of such termination or expiration, will continue to be owed by you after such expiration or termination.
A. Proprietary Information. You acknowledge and agree that: (1) the Service, including any content, modifications, enhancements and updates, and any originals and copies thereof, in whole or in part, and all intellectual property rights therein (collectively, “Proprietary Information”), is owned by RTT and its licensors, as applicable; (2) the Proprietary Information contains valuable copyrighted and proprietary material of RTT; (3) the Proprietary Information is licensed, rather than sold, to you pursuant to these Terms; and (4) you have no rights in the Proprietary Information, other than the rights and licenses specifically granted to you pursuant to these Terms.
B. Trademarks. You acknowledge that RTT has acquired, and is the owner of, or has otherwise licensed the trademark rights in the name and word mark “Red Table Talk” and in the other marks and design marks displayed on the Service. You acknowledge that this name and these marks are famous and internationally known. You will not, at any time or for any reason, challenge the validity of, or RTT’s ownership of, the foregoing name and marks, and you waive any rights you may have at any time to do so. You may not use our name or marks in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. All use of the foregoing name and marks by you will inure exclusively to the benefit of RTT. All marks shown on the Service but not owned by RTT are the property of their respective owners.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty.
A. DISCLAIMER. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH ALL FAULTS, AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF THE INTERNET, MOBILE NETWORKS, AND THE DEVICES WHICH ACCESS THE INTERNET AND/OR MOBILE NETWORKS, THE SERVICE MAY NOT BE ACCESSIBLE WHEN NEEDED, AND THAT INFORMATION, DATA, AUDIO, AND VIDEO TRANSMITTED OVER THE INTERNET AND/OR MOBILE NETWORKS MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTERRUPTION OR THIRD-PARTY INTERCEPTION AND MODIFICATION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RTT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, AND ABSENCE OF VIRUSES AND DAMAGING OR DISABLING CODE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NONE OF RTT, ITS AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, RTT’S CONTENT PROVIDERS, AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND/OR CONTRACTORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RTT PARTIES”) WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SERVICE. RTT CANNOT AND DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR LIABILITIES ARISING FROM THE FAILURE OF ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE, THE INTERNET, OR FOR YOUR MISUSE OF ANY CONTENT AND INFORMATION ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND YOUR RELIANCE UPON ANY OF THE RESPECTIVE CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
B. Third-Party Information. You acknowledge that any information you obtain from another RTT User comes from those individuals, and not from RTT, and that RTT, to the fullest extent permitted by law, is not in any way responsible for any of the information these third parties may supply or for any statements, claims, or representations they may make. To the fullest extent permitted by law, RTT disclaims any such statements, claims, or representations and the same do not expand or otherwise modify these Terms. If you are dissatisfied with the Service, your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop accessing and using the Service.
8. Limitation of Liability.
A. LIMITATION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (1) EACH RTT USER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR: (A) HIS OR HER USE OF THE SERVICE; AND (B) ANY DAMAGES INCURRED BY HIM OR HER OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT ARISE FROM OR ARE RELATED TO THE SERVICE; (2) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RTT PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES PROVED, AND NOT TO EXCEED $10; AND (3) NONE OF THE RTT PARTIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH RTT PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
B. INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION. YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY INVESTIGATED THE ADVISABILITY OF USING THE SERVICE AND THE POSSIBLE RISKS INVOLVED IN USING THE SERVICE. YOU AGREE TO MAINTAIN YOUR OWN INSURANCE COVERING SUCH RISKS AND WILL LOOK SOLELY TO SUCH INSURANCE FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF ANY RESULTING DAMAGES.
9. Third-Party Disputes. RTT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OTHER RTT USER, CARRIER, SERVICE PROVIDER, OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE, AND ANY DISPUTE YOU HAVE WITH ANY OTHER RTT USER, CARRIER, SERVICE PROVIDER, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE, OR OTHER THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING YOUR EMPLOYER, IS DIRECTLY BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH THIRD PARTY, AND YOU IRREVOCABLY RELEASE RTT (AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, JOINT VENTURERS, AND EMPLOYEES) FROM ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES.
10. Force Majeure. RTT will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation herein if the delay or failure is due to unforeseen events that are beyond RTT’s reasonable control, such as strikes, blockade, war, terrorism, riots, natural disasters, epidemic, or governmental action.
A. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you will defend, indemnify, and hold the RTT Parties harmless against any loss or damage of any kind (including attorneys’ fees and lost revenues) arising from: (1) any breaches by you of these Terms or any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in these Terms; (2) any use of the Service not specifically authorized in these Terms or on the Service; and (3) any claims and actions against any RTT Party by other parties to whom you allow access to the Service.
B. Procedure. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim. You will not, in any event, settle any such claim or matter without our written consent.
12. Additional Service Features.
A. Access to Third-Party Services. The Service may contain information on products and services provided by third parties and links (including advertisements) to third-party websites (collectively, “Third-Party Services”). Third-Party Services are provided only as a convenience to RTT Users. RTT does not review or control Third-Party Services, and RTT does not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding Third-Party Services. Inclusion of any Third-Party Services in the Service does not constitute or imply an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by or with RTT with respect to any Third-Party Services. RTT is under no obligation to maintain any link on the Service and may remove a link at any time in its sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
13. Dispute Resolution.
A. Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and RTT in the most expedient and cost-effective manner, you and RTT agree that any dispute arising out of or in any way related to these Terms or your use of the Service will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or in any way related to these Terms or your use of the Service, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the expiration or termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND RTT ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ACTION. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT THESE DISPUTE RESOLUTION TERMS WILL APPLY TO YOU AND RTT UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO OPT OUT PURSUANT TO SECTION 13.I (OPT OUT).
Whether to agree to arbitration is an important business decision. It is your decision to make, and you should not rely solely on the information provided in these Terms as it is not intended to contain a complete explanation of the consequences of arbitration. You should take further steps to conduct research and to consult with others, including an attorney, regarding the consequences of your decision, just as you would when making any other important business or life decision.
B. Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 13.A (Generally), nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either party to: (1) bring an individual action in small claims court; (2) bring an action in a court pursuant to the California Private Attorneys General Act of 2004, California Labor Code § 2698 et seq.; (3) seek injunctive relief in a court of law; or (4) file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
C. Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and RTT will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, and governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting RTT. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
D. Notice; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by U.S. Mail within the applicable statute of limitations period (“Notice”). RTT’s address for Notice is: 23679 Calabasas Road, #381, Calabasas, CA 91302. The Notice must: (1) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (2) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or RTT may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or RTT must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the dispute is finally resolved through arbitration in your favor, RTT will pay you the highest of the following: (a) the amount awarded by the arbitrator, if any; (b) the last written settlement amount offered by RTT in settlement of the dispute prior to the arbitrator’s award; or (c) $1,000.
E. Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, RTT will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $15,000 or as set forth below, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in Wilmington, Delaware, but if the claim is for $15,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (1) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (2) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (3) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse RTT for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
F. No Class Actions. YOU AND RTT AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING (OTHER THAN ACTIONS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA PRIVATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL ACT OF 2004, CALIFORNIA LABOR CODE § 2698 ET SEQ. WHICH ARE NOT COVERED BY THIS SECTION 13 (DISPUTE RESOLUTION)). Unless both you and RTT agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
G. Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. If RTT makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to RTT’s address for Notice, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to RTT’s address for Notice, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and RTT. If you do not send such written notice, your continued use of the Service following any such change means that you have consented to such change.
H. Enforceability. If Section 13.F (No Class Actions) is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution) is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution) will be null and void and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 16 (Governing Law; Choice of Forum) will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms or your use of the Service.
I. Opt Out. Arbitration is not a mandatory condition of these Terms. If you do not want to be subject to this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution), you may opt out of this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution) by notifying RTT in writing of your decision by sending, within 30 days of the date you receive these Terms, an electronic message to [email protected], stating clearly your full name and intent to opt out of this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution). Should you choose not to opt out of this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution) within the 30-day period, you and RTT will be bound by the terms of this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution). You have the right to consult with counsel of your choice concerning this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution). You understand that you will not be subject to retaliation if you exercise your right to opt out of coverage under this Section 13 (Dispute Resolution).
15. Protected Activity Not Prohibited. To the extent permitted by applicable law, nothing in these Terms will in any way limit or prohibit you from filing a charge or complaint with, or otherwise communicating or cooperating with or participating in, any investigation or proceeding (“Protected Activity”) that may be conducted by any federal, state, or local government agency or commission (“Government Agencies”). In connection with such Protected Activity, you are permitted to disclose documents or other information as permitted by law, and without giving notice to, or receiving authorization from, RTT. In making any such disclosures or communications, you agree to take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use or disclosure of any information that may constitute RTT confidential information to any parties other than the Government Agencies.
16. Governing Law; Choice of Forum. The laws of the State of Delaware, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern these Terms and your use of the Service. Your use of the Service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws; provided, however, that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to any provision of these Terms. To the extent that any action relating to any dispute hereunder is permitted to be brought in a court of law, such action will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New Castle County, Delaware and you hereby irrevocably submit to personal jurisdiction in such courts, and waive any defense of inconvenient forum.
17. Feedback. If you provide any feedback to RTT concerning the functionality and performance of the Service (including identifying potential errors and improvements), you hereby assign to RTT all right, title, and interest in and to such feedback, and RTT is free to use such feedback without payment or restriction.
19. Severability. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such provisions will be modified, or if not possible, severed, to reflect the fullest valid, legal, and enforceable expression of the intent of the parties, and the remainder of these Terms will not be affected thereby.
20. Relationship of Parties. Nothing in these Terms will be deemed to create an employer-employee relationship between RTT and you, nor any agency, joint venture, or partnership relationship between the parties. Neither party will have the right to bind the other to any obligation, nor have the right to incur any liability on behalf of the other.
21. Waiver. No delay, omission, or failure to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms will be deemed to be a waiver thereof or an acquiescence to the event giving rise to such right or remedy, or a waiver of or acquiescence to any other right, remedy, or event.
22. Assignment. Neither these Terms nor any of the rights granted to you herein may be assigned or transferred by you, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, without the express prior written permission of RTT and any attempt to do so will be null and void. RTT may assign or transfer these Terms at any time without your permission.
23. Third-Party Beneficiaries. The provisions of these Terms relating to the rights of RTT service providers are intended for the benefit of such service providers, and such service providers, as third-party beneficiaries, will be entitled to enforce such provisions in accordance with these Terms, irrespective of the fact that they are not parties to these Terms.
24. Export Controls. You hereby represent and warrant that: (A) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (B) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
25. Interpretation. If RTT provides a translation of the English language version of these Terms, the translation is provided solely for convenience, and the English version will prevail. Any heading, caption, or section title contained in these Terms is for convenience only, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision. Any use of the term “including” or variations thereof in this Agreement shall be construed as if followed by the phrase “without limitation.”
26. NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA USERS. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, RTT Users located in California are entitled to the following notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.